Please join us for the first TOS event of the academic year!
TOS members, we would be delighted to host your +1's.
Guests are invited to tour the museum during the lecture at 630pm.
We have added an additional tour at 430pm so that the ophthalmologists can see the museum as well.
International Guest Speaker:
Mark Gillies, MD, PhD, FRANZCO
Director of Macular Research, Save Sight Institute at The University of Sydney, Australia.
"Real World Outcomes of Treatment of Macular Degeneration"
430pm: Museum Tour for ophthalmologists
530pm: Cocktails and Hors D'oeuvres (Piano+Saxophone Duo)
630pm: Museum Tour for guests
Live music from 530pm onwards by
Groove Jet by Symmetry Studios
Aga Khan Museum
77 Wynford Drive
Toronto, ON M3C1K1
Parking: Underground garage. Path directly into museum.
MENU - Mark McEwan
- Mini sweet pea falafel with garlic aioli and kale tabbouleh
- Fig preserve on a crostini with gorgonzola and whipped mascarpone
- Seared tuna on a house made potato chip with mango salsa
- Lobster taco in a beet shell with jicama, lemon and pickled ginger
- Saffron chicken satays with cucumber raita and lemon butter
- Grilled pita and flatbreads with house-made dips
- Pan Seared halloumi and heirloom tomato salad with pomegranate labneh, curried almond and micro greens
With choice of:
1. Honey saffron glazed black cod with sweet pea puree, fried sumac fingerling potatoes, jerusalem and shirazi mint yogurt
2. Braised PEI beef short rib, truffle Risotto, oregano tapenade, eggplant caviar with natural reduction
3. Truffle Risotto, oregano tapenade, grilled eggplant
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauce and pistachio ice cream